To rate an idea, first, click on the idea you’d like to rate. Once on the idea page, hover over the row of stars on the upper right hand side and the rating box will appear. Select the number of stars you’d like to give the idea. Some projects have rating dimensions that ask you to rate specific aspects of the idea like the text or the design. Give the best ideas the highest ratings and the ideas you think are not worth developing further or are completely off brief the lowest ratings.
To emphasize the importance of fair rating and protect the platform from manipulation efforts, we have a Karma threshold of 300 Karma points that a new community member has to reach before their ratings are included in the count.
When voting, keep in mind:
- Read and consider the creative brief before beginning.
- Rate using the full scale from 1-10. A range of ratings broadens the range of ratings and uses the full spectrum and power of the rating system.
- The more you rate the fairer the result – more people, more opinions.
- Always be fair and objective! Rate the ideas, not the people who submit them.
- If you have friends on the platform and you find it hard to be objective, it’s better not to rate their ideas.
Please note: Your ratings will be disabled if your rating behavior is viewed as not being objective and therefore unfair - this decision is made by the jovoto team with the help of algorithms. In the first instance, your ratings will be disabled for one project. However, if we notice similar behavior in multiple projects, your ratings will be disabled in all projects and a banner will be displayed on your profile page. This is not permanent, but a warning to adjust the way you rate in future projects. If you feel you have made significant changes, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your status.