We believe that collaboration is a vital part of the creative process!
Here are a few pointers to consider when looking for a partner:
- Your skill sets should complement each other; for example, perhaps they have skills you don’t (and vice versa).
- You should be able to communicate easily and often and be happy to offer each other constructive feedback/ criticism.
- Everyone involved with the collaboration should get something out of it, giving and taking should be relatively balanced.
- Once your collaboration message is accepted (after being in pending mode), you can enjoy the creative process together! Read more about collaboration here.
- Read here on how the payment for collaboration works.
Next time you see someone doing great work on jovoto, invite them to collaborate!
In Open project:
If you are interested in collaborating but don’t have someone specific in mind, let others know by leaving a comment under the project brief and if there is someone specific you would like to work with - reach out to them!
You can invite a collaborator at any time, either in the draft mode of your submission (that way you can also use the comment bar below the idea template to interact with each other) or by going to Edit Idea after you've published it and back to the Collaborators page to search for a collaborator.
* Note: You need to have at least 300 karma points to have the message option under your profile.
In Invite project:
We often invite creatives to collaborate as a team before the project starts. If you were invited to an Invite project and you're eager to collaborate with another talented creative from the community, please share that with us as a reply to your invitation email before the final team is decided. Based on the project specific needs and the skill set of your fellow creative, we will decide if we can accommodate you as a team in the project.